Information Taken from : http://www.facebook.com/KnowYourDestination
* Kalavantin Durg is located near to Panvel in Kajat region.
* It is adjacent to Prabalgad fort, on the Mumbai-Pune express highway one can take the Shedung exit.
* It is a Hill Fort at the height of around 2330 ft above MSL and difficulty of trekking considered here is considered as Medium but become difficult in Rainy Season.
* Shedung is the base village of Prabal fort and Kalavantin fort.
* The trek is a 3 hours climb from here.
* One has to trek up the machi and from the village on machi there are rock cut steps which lead trekkers to the top of the fort.
* Kalavantin Fort is good for trekking with full of Natural beauty and lovely scenery.
* Reaching Durg pinnacle is tougher. It has some rock cut steps initially and then few more but muddy path near the pinnacle.
* It is one of the best place for nature lovers, trekkers, jungle lovers.
* Historical References indicate that Freedom fighter Umaji Naik made a stay here in 1826.
* It is also commonly known as Hindustan – Tibet Road.
* It starts from Ambala, in northern Haryana as an offshoot of NH 1, the NH 22 runs north towards Zirakpur, outside Chandigarh.
* This first 40 km stretch, running partly through eastern Punjab, is named as the Ambala Chandigarh Expressway, and is a modern and well-maintained four lane section with several bridges and three major flyovers.
* At Zirakpur, it meets the NH 7, and turns north-east through Panchkula to Pinjore, where the NH 21A heads north-west, then to Kalka and Parwanoo.
* This section is currently being widened to four lanes, and a concurrent project is underway to build a new road between Pinjore and Parwanoo, bypassing the highly congested roads in Kalka.
* After Kalka, the highway enters Himachal Pradesh, and as the terrain changes it becomes a mountain road with extensive hairpin turns.
* It continues north-east to Solan, and then north to Shimla, where it joins the NH 88.
* From Shimla, it heads approximately north-east towards the Chinese frontier, reaching the border town of Khab just before the Line of Actual Control.
* Beyond Khab, the road runs for a short distance through Namgial to the Shipki La pass, where it enters Chinese territory.
* The final 100 km stretch from Shimla was featured in the History Channel’s “Deadliest Roads” series for its poor maintenance and hazardous driving conditions all thru the year.
* GMR Corporation appears to maintain that 100 Km stretch because of the need to transport material to its two projects upriver.
* Beyond Dhalli, it is not maintained much but still a lifeline for the local people.
for more information follow this page on Facebook
Saritatal (Sariyatal), Nainital, Uttarakhand, India* It is a small and beautiful lake about 5 kms away from Nainital on the way to Kaladhungi.
* It is a very good place to pass some time in solitude enjoying the beauty of nature.
* You can Visit this Place By Taxi, By Package Tours Or On foot.
* The place boasts of a botanical garden with a butterfly park, herbarium, library and a fern house.
* The Himlayan Botanical Garden, spread over an area of 30 hectares, is a prominent centre of study.
* It has a collection of several rare and endangered native plant species.
♥ Luhnu Cricket Stadium, Bilaspur, Himachal Pradesh ♥
(Share this Destination, if you really Love it)* The stadium is located on the bank of Gobind Sagar Lake and other side is Foothill of Himalayas.
* Its third cricket stadium in Himachal Pradesh.
* The Bilaspur district is situated in Satluj valley in the outer hills. Satluj is the main river which passes through the middle of the district and divide it into almost equal parts.
* It is built to host national matches.
* HPCA has so far spent Rs. 5.5 crore to develop it’s pitch & developing other infrastructure as told.
* This stadium would be majestic as it’s surrounded by waters of the Gobind Sagar reservoir.
The Mumbai Pune Expressway or Yashwantrao Chavan Mumbai Pune Expressway(Like & Share with Know Your Destination)* It is India’s first six-lane concrete, high-speed, access controlled tolled expressway.
* It spans a distance of 93 km connecting Mumbai, the administrative capital of Maharashtra and the financial capital of India, with Pune, an industrial and educational hub.
* This expressway introduced new levels of speed and safety in automobile transportation to Indian roads.
* The expressway has reduced the travel time between the cities of Mumbai and Pune to approximately two hours.
* The expressway starts at Kalamboli (near Panvel) and ends at Dehu Rd. (near Pune).
* It cleaves through the scenic Sahyadri mountain ranges via passes and tunnels.
* Separate tunnels for traffic in each direction.
* Complete fencing to avoid humans/animals crossing the expressway.
* No two wheelers, three wheelers and tractor vehicles allowed.
* Provision of Petrol pumps / motels / workshops / Toilets / Emergency Phones and Breakdown Vans etc.
* The expressway handles about 30,000 PCUs daily, and is designed to handle up to 1,000,000 PCUs.Information Taken from : http://www.facebook.com/KnowYourDestination
1. Gallery 2
Gallery 2 has probably the biggest community and is one of the most used gallery scripts on the web.
Zenphoto bills itself as the “simplest, most useful gallery software for your site”. The script is built in PHP.
A free Ajax-powered photo gallery that pulls photos from Picasa from XML.
A free flash-based image gallery script that also comes with an optional Pro version that offers more options and customizations.
Jalbum is a hybrid online/offline software that you download to your computer that uploads the image galleries to your space at jalbum.net.
Like Gallery 2, Coppermine is another “old school” PHP photo album script that has been around for many years.
Plogger is a PHP gallery script that has useful features like inline ajax photo editing, zip upload files, and the ability to build your own themes.
11. CSS Play
A slick, multi-page gallery built entirely of CSS.
12. Polaroid Gallery
Polariod Gallery is an interesting flash script that arranges your photos (from XML file or Flickr RSS feed) into a gallery of “polaroids”.
dfGallery is a beautiful free flash gallery script, with customizable themes and an administration section built with the PHP framework CodeIgniter.
AutoViewer arranges images in a Flash gallery in a specified sequence with images and captions.
16. Smooth Gallery
A photo gallery script that allows users to build customizable galleries from their Flickr accounts.
Hoverbox is a simple, lightweight CSS-only image gallery.
19. Flash Gallery
Like the name suggests, Flash Gallery is a simple XML and Flash powered gallery that is easy to customize.
20. HighSlide JS
Pixelpost is a twist on an image gallery script that adds photo blogging into the mix. Open source, fast, and multi-lingual.
23. Postcard Viewer
A flash script that takes images, places them into “postcards” and rearranges them in a gallery.
A simple flash-animated photo browsing script. Simple but fun.
Tan Tan Noodles has a plugin for WordPress that pulls your Flickr photosets and creates albums in WordPress.
Galleria is a lightweight image gallery script based on jQuery.
A clean, lightweight solution for building simple image and media galleries in overlays.
28. Fancy Zoom
A nice flash image gallery that has photo albums, slideshows, and an admin area.
A simple gallery snippet built upon jQuery that offers scrolling and pagination.
31. nextgen gallery
nextgen gallery is a robust image gallery plugin for WordPress users, built upon jQuery.
Dubbed as the “smallest big gallery”, Singapore is a lightweight, powerful image gallery script built on PHP.
33. jQuery Cycle
A plugin for jQuery that let’s you “cycle” through galleries of images in different ways.
A flash photo gallery that can organize pictures into galleries and sub-galleries.
PHP-based photo gallery that doesn’t require a MySQL database and installs in under 3 minutes.
Gullery is a simple image gallery built with Ruby on Rails. Perfect for a personal portfolio or small image gallery.
An interesting tutorial on how to build a web-based image gallery with the PHP framework CakePHP and Flickr.
A small PHP application that allows you to thumbnail images for use on the web. Built by Lussumo.
A WordPress-powered image gallery that displays photos and photosets from Flickr.
40. Slimbox 2
A tiny, standards-compliant, fully customizable lightbox image viewer built upon jQuery.
An iPhoto plugin that makes publishing photos to a Gallery 2 installation much easier.
43. FrogJS Gallery
A simple, unobtrusive gallery script built upon Lightbox, but showcases galleries in a different manner.
Nettuts+’ very own Jared Rhizor has an excellent tutorial on how to build a simple image gallery with MooTools.
Simple tutorial on how to build a photo gallery with the Python framework Django.
46. Zen Gallery
Elegant flash gallery scripts and tools for putting photos on your site.
A free, lightweight PHP script that displays images from a folder into a gallery.
48. Duh Gallery
Yet another simple WordPress gallery plugin.
A set of scripts that provide a client side script to scale images and publish the images in gallery form.
A guide for intermediate Flash users to build a dynamic image gallery, loaded by XML.
I wanted also to add comment about free and premium files – while I was searching for a lot of free quality codes, I still found several commercial solutions, which blew my mind away, but since I wasn’t there to spend any money I just went further to search for more free image galleries. But yes, while I recommend you mostly to use those free slideshows, sometimes for good paid freelance jobs you have it’s worth spending little money to really leave impact to your client..and in the meantime you’re saving time!
Well, I guess what I am suggesting is to always look how much time takes for you to modify, install, setup free solution..and if it takes too much, definitely look into cheap codes, cheap quality tools, where definitely you can spare 5-10$ to save your time, here are few marketplaces I am talking about and using myself on desperate occasions – Mojo-Themes and CodeCanyon! Just thinking, enjoy your free slideshows now – I know here you’ll find huge quality as well, just be aware how well supported, upgraded each solution is, because if you’ll get old buggy code, you won’t be happy with it! Ok, now let’s get to the actual article! –
PhotoSquares is very flexible premium gallery WordPress theme that is perfect way for designers and photographers to display their portfolio.
This theme allows you to set your own thumbnail sizes so everyone will be able to create most suitable layout.
SlideViewer is a lightweight (1.5Kb) jQuery plugin which allows to instantly create an image gallery by writingjust few lines of HTML. SlideViewer checks for the number of images within your list, and dynamically creates a set of links to command (slide) you pictures. Also, clicking on each image will make the gallery slide to the next picture.
Zenphoto is an answer to lots of calls for an online gallery solution that just makes sense. After years of bloated software that does everything and your dishes, zenphoto just shows your photos, simply. We hope you agree with our philosophy: simpler is better. Don’t get us wrong though – zenphoto really does have everything you need for your online gallery, and you’ll even stare in awe at some of the innovative innovations we innovated upon.
Check out their feature list – it was too long to long to post here!
This is a jQuery banner rotator plugin featuring multiple transitions. The thumbnails and buttons allow for easy navigation of your banners/ads. The banner rotator is also re-sizable and configurable through the plugin’s parameters.
- Multiple transitions available. Also can set a different transition per slide.
- Able to load unlimited number of images, each with customizable text description, tooltip, and hyperlink.
- Show or hide components, including play/pause button, directional buttons, thumbnails, text panel, and tooltip.
- Can set to automatically play on startup with customizable timer delay. Also, can set a different time delay for each slide.
- Banner, thumbnails, and buttons are all resizable.
- and more..
VisualLightBox is a free wizard program that helps you easily generate web photo galleries, based on famous LightBox2 script, in a few clicks without writing a single line of code.
Fully explained tutorial and also spectacular photo gallery to comfortably display many images.
GreyBox can be used to display websites, images and other content in a beautiful way. It is very easy to use full-screen website, image gallery, which doesn’t conflict with pop-up blockers and it’s only 22 kb size!
qGallery is a simple to use prototype based gallery script. All image processing is done by the script so you don’t have to worry about the images you upload on the server. All images for the skimmer graphics and the fullsize view will be created on the fly and stored in a cache directory on the server to save processing power on the server.
12. jFlow gallery
Tutorial and documentation, how to use jFlow plugin to create Your own gallery.
8 different examples how to view Your images using MooTools, unfortunately there isn’t any documentation, but very easy to use gallery.
Yet another way how to display Your images.
- Auto slide
- Continuous sliding
- Image captions
- Flexible configuration
- 6 Transitions effects
15.2. JQuery Cycle Plugin
The jQuery Cycle Plugin is a lightweight slideshow plugin.It supports pause-on-hover, auto-stop, auto-fit, before/after callbacks, click triggers and many transition effects. It also supports, but does not require, the Metadata Plugin and the Easing Plugin.
16. Slider Gallery
This ‘product slider’ is similar to a straight forward gallery, except that there is a slider to navigate the items, i.e. the bit the user controls to view the items. Simple stuff using jQuery plugins.
jQuery Lightbox clone, pretty similar to original Lightbox with few another features and full documentation.
One more way how to display Your photos using jQuery.
A jQuery plugin for rendering fast-performing photo galleries. Galleriffic was inspired by Mike Alsup’s Cycle plugin, but with performance in mind for delivering a high volume of photos.
Lightbox scripts have become a very popular way of displaying images online in recent months. There are a huge number of them available, using a variety of different frameworks and languages. DesignShack offers a new jQuery Lightbox script It has been designed and created by Diego Valobra.
22. Slideshow 2
FlickrGallery is a jQuery plugin for embedding flickr photos into a webpage. Plugin considers a Gallery to be a list of Albums (similar to Flickr’s Collections). Albums are considered to be photo sets.
23.1. DDSlider – 10 Transitions – Inline Content Support ( View Demo – 10$)
DDSlider introduces a new easy-to-go slider with 9 different unique transitions (+fading & random—11 total) that support Inline Content. You can also have multiple sliders in the same page.
- Inline Content Support
- 11 Different Unique Transitions
- Support to all major browsers including IE6
- Auto Play
- Supports arrows and selectors
- Choose arrows and selectors simply
- Set the number of bars and squares
Words – “Auto Generating” don’t mean that that it takes the pictures for you. This gallery won’t even create the thumbnails for you. What it DOES, is build itself dynamically from your directory of images. So when you want to add new photos, you simply drop the new photo and thumbnail in the directory and you are done! Removing photos just means removing the photos from the image directory. Gallery use PHP for this web wizardry.
25. Photo Slider
Tutorial teaching how to create photo slider gallery with play/pause slideshow settings and interesting thumbnail effect using jQuery.
You can easily set it to auto-display the images, set the scroll speed, thumbnail opacity or to disable thumbnail slider.
JQuery Slideshow with three different features and displaying sides, fully customizable sizes, delay speed and with good documentation.
The AJAX version of AgileGallery is a free AJAX photo gallery that rips through the XML output from Picasa (a free download from Google) and generates DHTML for the paging and thumbnails and displays the full sized photos along with any description entered in Picasa. Since this photo gallery uses AJAX technology, it eliminates the need for any page refresh as the user pages through the photos.
30. PhatFusion Slideshow
- Fade, Slide and Wipe transitions
- Play, Stop, Next and Previous controls
- Inits from array of image src’s, a list of images on the page or using the href of an a tag like the Lightbox.
AviaSlider is a very flexible and easy to use Image slideshow plugin for jQuery with a set of really unique transitions that were nver available before, as well as some basic transitions, so the slider will fit into every project.
It comes with an image preloader so the slider starts when images are ready to be shown. No clumsy animations with half loaded images.
Features of the Avia Image Slider
- 8 unique transition effects
- Lots of easy to set options to create your own effects
- Included Image preloader
- Autoplay that stops on user interaction
- Valid HTML5 and CSS 3 Markup
31. HighSlide JS
Use slideflow to show elegantly Your images, also fullscreen mode is available.
Technical background: The photos and titles are read from an XML file, and the thumbnails are pre-generated using Photoshop actions (included)
34. jQZoom Evolution
This plugin for jQuery will automatically detect the extension of each media and apply the adapted player.
I didn’t include screenshot here because demonstration can be seen only by clicking and dragging on the picture getting that 3D look.
This is an extension to the simple panorama viewer that allows you to play a little bit more with jQuery by adding interactivity to transform some panoramic views into a virtual tour !
The mooSlideBox v3 is a small and slim Ajax based extension or replacement of the common “Lightbox” that can be found on nearly every page. This Lightbox clone works in IE 6/7, Opera and Firefox. It is based on the MooTools framework version 1.11.
jQuery Gallery Scroller (jqGalScroll) takes list of images and creates a smooth scrolling photo gallery scrolling vertically, horizontally, or diagonally. The plugin will also create pagination to allow you to flow through your photos
Tutorial, how to create a slick auto-playing featured content slider.
Easy Slider enables images or any content to slide horizontally or vertically on click. It is configurable with CSS alone. So, basically you link to plugin file, set the content up and style it with CSS.
CSS Based Galleries
Basically, it’s a super light-weight (8kb) roll-over photo gallery that uses nothing but CSS, free to use for Your own projects.
This gallery is my simplest yet. It is just an unordered list of images that are normally compressed vertically (reduction 8:1). When you hover over one of these compressed images it expands to full size. It is based on my sliding menu system and adapted to use images. No thumbnails are required and all the images are ‘pre-loaded’.This method can be used either vertically, as shown, or horizontally.
This is a purely CSS based image gallery that displays larger versions of thumbnail images dynamically when the mouse hovers over them. A rich HTML caption can be added to the enlarged image, and every aspect of the Image Gallery exists as plain HTML on the page. The gallery works in IE6+, Firefox, Opera 8+.
Nasty CSS Slideshow producing a slide show or photogallery using a mixture of portrait and landscape images.
Tested in IE5.5, IE6, IE7, Opera, Firefox, Safari (PC).
Nice CSS Decorative Gallery and tutorial, how to decorate your images and photo galleries without editing the source images.
Flash Based Galleries
Parallax scrolling is frequently used in most 2D animation and games, where the background images and foreground images scroll at different rate of speed. This will create an illusion of depth as the background images are moving slower than the foreground images. Awesome tutorial and also great idea how to display Your portfolio or create unique web design. Must see!
50. Flash Gallery
Flash Gallery is a free application that allows you to create a slideshow on your website easy and fast. You won’t need any programming skills to install or use it. Just embed it into your website and script will automatically form a slideshow from a specified folder or from Flickr photostream.
SimpleViewer is a free, customizable Flash image viewing application.
52. 3D Curve Wall
Unique Flash based 3D curve wall similar to Flashloaded version, but this one is free.
As stated on many other articles on DezinerFolio site, dfGallery is one of the coolest flash galleries currently on the Web.
55. Polaroid Gallery
Polaroid Gallery is a free, opensource flash gallery, the script loads images and image titles dynamically from an external XML file or a flickr RSS feed. Then the script processes the data and creates an interactive flash gallery.
TiltViewer is a free, customizable 3D Flash image viewing application.
57. Lightbox 2
Lightbox is a simple, unobtrusive script used to overlay images on the current page. It’s a snap to setup and works on all modern browsers
And finally if You still haven’t got enough galleries or one for Your taste You can check this huge collection of many different image galleries from DynamicDrive.com
If You know some more resources I missed here, feel free to add in comments and if You enjoy this article, let others know about it! Spread the word!